James P. Giacchetti, Esq.
Mr. Giacchetti possesses substantial experience in all phases of civil litigation, from prelawsuit investigation through jury verdict and post-trial proceedings. James has successfully prosecuted and defended actions on behalf of individuals, community groups, and business entities. He handles cases which involve breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, fraud, trade secrets, business torts, civil rights, personal injury, wrongful death, and related claims.
Mr. Giacchetti has served as lead trial counsel and been a member of various trial teams. James has practiced law at preeminent trial firms throughout the San Francisco Bay Area. He has been recognized as a Super Lawyers “Rising Star.”
Mr. Giacchetti graduated from Santa Clara University School of Law. While in law school, James clerked for Mary J. Greenwood, the Administrative Presiding Justice of the Sixth District Court of Appeal, while a Judge for the Superior Court of California. He excelled in Moot Court competitions and was selected to serve as a member of the Honors Moot Court Board. Mr. Giacchetti received his undergraduate degree in Art History, Magna Cum Laude, from Santa Clara University.
- Prosecuted and defended various actions on behalf of insurance companies.
- Lead trial counsel in criminal competency action.
- Lead trial counsel in action against prestigious San Francisco Bay Area university.
- Member of trial team that prevailed in action against the County of Santa Clara.
- Member of trial team that prevailed in action against the City of San Jose.
- Member of trial team in breach of contract and fraud action.
- Member of team that represented business entity in action against the United States.
- Represented a defendant in an action brought by international technology company.
- Prevailed on various procedural and substance motions in state and federal courts.
- United States District Court for the Northern, Eastern, and Central Districts of California
Honors and Awards
- Northern California Super Lawyers “Rising Star”
- Santa Clara University School of Law Moot Court and Honors Moot Court
- Recipient of Witkin Award issued by Santa Clara University School of Law